GRCA Puppy Referral
Buying a Golden Retriever is a long-term commitment, and shouldn’t be an impulse decision. Our puppy referral volunteers will be happy to give you more information about purchasing a Golden Retriever from a reputable breeder. Please remember to give the puppy referral volunteer a few days to respond to your inquiry as s/he may be at work, a dog event, on vacation, or just involved with personal family obligations at the time of your phone call or email.
Once you locate breeders, either through the list below or through a puppy referral volunteer, we encourage you to read “Selecting a Breeder” to assist you in asking breeders all the right questions.
Phone Calls to Puppy Referral Volunteers:
If you reach an answering machine, the following hints will help the puppy referral volunteer return your call in a timely manner:
- Include the best time of day to reach you.
- Leave an evening phone number, as many puppy referral volunteers work full-time and are unable to return calls during the day.
- Speak slowly and clearly. Include an area code with your phone number, and your city and state.
- If your phone number is long distance, your call may be returned as a collect call.
- If you don’t get a response to your call or email within a week, call or email again. Sometimes messages get lost.
Emails to Puppy Referral Volunteers:
When sending an inquiry by email, be sure to include your name, city and state. Be specific about what you are looking for.