GRCA Member Club Puppy Referral
Buying a Golden Retriever is a long-term commitment, and shouldn’t be an impulse decision. Puppy referral volunteers will be happy to give you more information about purchasing a Golden Retriever from a reputable breeder. Please remember to give the puppy referral volunteer a few days to respond to your inquiry as s/he may be at work, a dog event, on vacation, or just involved with personal family obligations at the time of your phone call or email. Find a local club near you here. If you need more information click here.
Once you locate breeders, either through the list below or through a puppy referral volunteer, we encourage you to read “Selecting a Breeder” to assist you in asking breeders all the right questions.
Phone Calls to Puppy Referral Volunteers:
If you reach an answering machine, the following hints will help the puppy referral volunteer return your call in a timely manner:
- Include the best time of day to reach you.
- Leave an evening phone number, as many puppy referral volunteers work full-time and are unable to return calls during the day.
- Speak slowly and clearly. Include an area code with your phone number, and your city and state.
- If your phone number is long distance, your call may be returned as a collect call.
- If you don’t get a response to your call or email within a week, call or email again. Sometimes messages get lost.
Emails to Puppy Referral Volunteers:
When sending an inquiry by email, be sure to include your name, city and state. Be specific about what you are looking for.