Golden Retriever News
The Premier Golden Retriever Magazine
The Golden Retriever News is the official publication of the Golden Retriever Club of America and is available only through membership in the GRCA.
The first issue of the magazine was published in the late 1940s, and it has been in continuous publication since. Currently it is published bimonthly and mailed on the first of every even month.
The magazine features special articles of interest to Golden Retriever fanciers. In addition, there are regular articles that cover every possible area in which Goldens are involved.
Not a member? Join now!
- GRCA Specialty show coverage
- Around the Obedience Ring
- On the Right Track
- GRCA’s WC/WCX test coverage
- AKC Delegate’s Report
- GRCA’s Certificate of Conformation Assessment Results
- In Memoriam
- Statistical rankings for show, obedience and field
- Letters to the Editor
- Reports from GRCA’s 60 member clubs
- New GRCA Hall of Fame Goldens
- New MACH/PACH, MX/MXJ
- New Master Hunter Goldens
- New OTCH/UDX Goldens
- New Qualified All-Age Goldens
- New VCCH/VST/CT/TDX Goldens
- New Outstanding Sires and Dams
- GRCA Specialty and Events Calendar
- Message from the President
- Official Business
Also of interest to readers are advertisements for dog-related items, puppies for sale, stud service, show win brags, and occasionally the older Golden for sale.
The January-February issue traditionally features extensive coverage of the past National Specialty. Photos of each class winner, Judges’ critiques, diagrams of the field tests and agility trial, photos of each of GRCA’s impressive challenge trophies and winners, the Golden Retriever Fund for Rescue’s Top 20 Gala and Art Auction and much, much more are featured.
- Jan/Feb – National Specialty Issue
- Mar/April – Stud Dog/Brood Bitch
- May/Jun – Performance Dogs
- July/Aug – Young Hopefuls, Promising Puppies
- Sep/Oct – Salute to Veterans
- Nov/Dec – Field Dogs
Past issues of the GRNews are available for $20 each. Some issues are out of print. Order from Ann Strathern, 9802 Gas House Pike, Frederick, MD 21701; 301/662-3876; email@example.com
Change of address requests can be sent to:
680 Lake Vista Lane • Lavon, TX 75166 • 972-853-0658 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor: Sylvia Donahey-Feeney, Cotati, CA
Assistant Editor: Karen Couch , Dallas, TX
Advertising Sales: Bobbie Eller, Phoenix, AZ
Field Liaison: Position Pending
Assoc. Field Editor: Position Pending
Assoc. Conformation Editor: Vacant
Assoc. Agility Editor: Ann Stetson, Westborough, MA
Assoc. Tracking Editor: Susan Palius, Belle Mead, NJ
Assoc. Obedience Editor: Connie Cleveland-Nolan, Fountain Inn, SC
Special Features: Edell Schaefer, New Berlin, WI
WC/WCX Reports: Katie Heard, Urbandale, IA